- Highline user account passwords are the responsibility of the user, and must not be shared with any other person, or displayed where they may be seen by others.
- All office workstations must have a password protected screen saver which will be activated after a period of inactivity not to exceed 15 minutes.
- All classroom workstations will be logged out after a period of inactivity not to exceed 45 minutes.
- Users may not use a password that they have used at Highline before.
- Passwords will expire and must be changed after 365 days.
- Passwords must be at least 12 characters in length.
- Passwords must conform to the following guidelines:
- Cannot contain your username or SID
- Cannot contain your name
- Cannot contain your initials
- Cannot contain the college name
- Must contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphanumeric characters (e.g. ~, *, #, %)
These rules apply to Highline user accounts for systems directly under Highline's control. While we make every effort to utilize Highline credentials to grant access to third-party tools, external systems may occasionally operate under varying rules.
Updated 01 July 2016;